World Cancer Day
February 3, 2021
Cancer is the growth of abnormal cells in an uncontrolled manner. This growth of the cell can be anywhere in the human body and accordingly, it is termed a malignant cell, tumor cell, cancer cell etc. Cancer is broadly caused due to two reasons such as:
- Genetic mutations from environmental and lifestyle factors
- Inherited genetics which is due to the transfer of characteristics from parent to offspring
There are broadly five categories of Cancer:
- Carcinoma is a type of Cancer that starts in the cell that makes up the internal organ or the skin
- Sarcomas is a type of cancer that is developed in the Muscles, bones and Connecting tissues and fats extra.
- Leukaemia is a type of cancer that is developed in blood and bone marrow.
- Lymphomas start in the immune system
- Central nervous system cancers develop in the brain and spinal cord.
On World Cancer Day February 4, @Mayabiotech pray to god to bless everyone from such deadly deceases. Some unknown facts about cancer.
- Cancer is the second largest death-causing deceases in the world. According to the report of WHO 1 out of 6 death is due to cancer.
- Cancer caused the death of 9.6 million people in the year 2018. Out of which 70% of death were from low and middle-income countries.
- Tobacco is the major cause of death which counts approx. 22%.
- Approximately one-third of cancer deaths are related to the 5 major reasons that are directly linked to behavioural and dietary risks: high body mass index, inadequate diets of fruit and vegetables, lack of physical exercise, and Large intake of tobacco and alcohol.
- In low and middle-income countries cancer that induces viruses, including hepatitis and the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), account for up to 25% of cases of cancer.
- Just one in five countries with low and middle income have the data to support cancer policies.